Saturday 16 March 2013

Greenacre Writers Literary Festival 2013

These are the books I bought at last year's Greenacre Writers Mini Literary Festival. They were all great reads so I know I'm going to be adding to my library in May at this year's not so Mini Literary Festival with another great line up of authors.

Greenacre Writers is based in Finchley, North London which up till now doesn't feature hugely in literature. While it may not feature in many novels, I can attest that there is some great writing happening in Finchley and let's not forget that Dickens apparently wrote Martin Chuzzlewit here in Bow Lane and that Mr Garland, one of his characters in The Old Curiosity Shop, lives in Finchley. One of our invited speakers is a local author and Finchley gets a mention in one of her books too so here's to putting Finchley on the literary map.

For information on the forthcoming festival see Greenacre Writers Literary Festival 2013

No comments: